Dental problems are one of the most important issues that we face in today’s scenario. The basic reason for this is that we are very busy in our professional lives, and we keep on munching high calorie and processes foods that are detrimental for our oral health.
In our day to day life we all face some type of dental issues. For maintaining good overall health, we need to be aware of dental health hazards that can hamper our working routine.
Some common dental problems are as follows:
• Gum Disease: It is also known as periodontal disease. It is caused by bacterial infection. General symptoms of gum infection are red, swollen gums. It may increase the chances of diabetes, heart disease and strokes. You can prevent gum disease by regular brushing and flossing.
• Bad Breath: It is the very common dental problem which is also known as halitosis. It can be caused by gum disease, cavities, bacterial infection in tongue, oral cancer and dry mouth problem. You can prevent bad breath by using sugar free gums, mouthwash, regular brushing your teeth and tongue cleaning.
• Cavity: Cavities are the tiny holes in your teeth that can grow deeper and cause tooth decay. Main cause for cavity is plaque which dissolve enamel and can lead to decay of your teeth. It can be prevented by brushing and flossing twice or thrice a day, regular dental checkups, avoiding sugary foods and drinks. Treatment of cavity is filling, but always prevention is better than cure.
• Mouth Sores: Common types of mouth sores are canker sores, fever blister, cold sores, ulcers and thrush. Sores in your mouth make you feel uncomfortable. If it remains more than two weeks, then you need to visit your dentist and get complete diagnosis from him.
• Oral Cancer: It is a serious oral health hazard. It affects mouth, throat and lips. If it is diagnosed at early stage, then it can be curable. The most important point is to never avoid the signals you receive from your mouth like swollen gums, bad breath etc.
• Tooth Sensitivity: When you eat or drink something cold, hot or sweet and feel pain or discomfort in your teeth, you are suffering from tooth sensitivity. You can prevent by avoiding too cold or too hot food or drink and by using fluoridated dental products.
You can easily prevent some of these dental problems by brushing, flossing and regular dental checkups. Proper dental care helps you to improve your overall health. But always keep in mind the simple fact that your mouth is not a machine, and if you keep on filling harmful ingredients there, one day it will become saturated and give rise to countless dental issues.